Get involved in the PrestaShop Project
PrestaShop is a community project, made by hundreds of people collaborating around the world. You can participate too!
Here are the main ways you can get involved in the project:
- Report a bug. If you notice a problem and you think it comes from the software itself.
- Request a feature. If you have an idea that could help improve the project for everyone.
- Submit code changes. The best way to help move the project forward by improving it yourself!
- Review code changes. To ensure that suggested changes are correct and don’t degrade the software’s quality.
- Test code changes. To make sure that a change produces the desired effect and nothing else.
- Improve the documentation. Help other people understand PrestaShop.
- Issue gardening. All newly reported bugs must be reproduced before they can be accepted.
- Translation. Help translate PrestaShop into one (or more) of its 80 available languages.
- Write specifications. To formally describe how the software is supposed to behave in different scenarios.
Other ways to contribute
- Raise awareness about the project. You can write blog articles about the project and discuss it on social media, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Help community members. You can answer questions on Slack, participate in GitHub, create tutorials on your blog or on Youtube, etc.
- … or simply use the software. Just being a user is also helpful!
More information: How to contribute (DevDocs)