How to contribute to UI tests
The first question to ask when making a contribution is “Which branch should I target?”.
The rules are as follows:
- The development branch for UI testing is the current development branch.
- The branch changes as soon as the final release is out.
Differences between scenarios & tests
Scenarios are the base of UI Tests. They are available on the PrestaShop Tests Documentation.
Tests are the code based on scenarios. They are available on the main repository in the tests/UI directory.
Contribute to UI tests
Choose a scenario to automate
This part is only available for PrestaShopCorp employees.
- Go to the PrestaShop Forge
- Access to the Test Repositoy
- Find a test in the directory
Moduleswith the state “TO BE AUTOMATED”
Create the PR
- The contributor create a PR targetting the development branch for UI tests.
- The contributor can check that the PR works with the Github Action
Review the PR
- The review is done by Software Developers in Tests of the project.
- Some checks are done :